The Rotary Club of Suva East gathered at the Colo-i-Suva Eco Lodge on Saturday 27 June to celebrate changeover and the beginning of a new Rotary Year. Outgoing President Michelle Chand handed over the weighty chain and the responsibilities of club leadership to incoming President Shane Harris.
Shane named his new board and announced his plans to grow and revitalise the club this year, support a number of meaningful community projects, and organise a variety of social and fundraising events for partners and families as well.
Shane’s incoming board includes:
- Molly Powers-Tora, Secretary
- Inoke Waqalevu, Treasurer
- Mark Komene, Club Services and Public Relations
- Satya Samy, Foundation Director
- Prayush Chetty, Events Coordinator
- Rakesh Gokal, Projects
- Michelle Chand, Membership
Welcome President Shane and we look forward to the leadership of you and your board as we begin another new year of Rotary fellowship and service!