7PM Tuesday 23rd October at Cafe 30 (Soulé) We’re THIS close to ending Polio, come to the Rotary Club of Suva East’s meeting to learn more.
|Ending polio: Rotary members have played a key role in bringing the world to the brink of polio eradication. Our efforts have not only ended polio in 122 countries but also created a system for tackling myriad other health priorities, such as Ebola.
In this update:
- World Polio Day Dr. Aalisha Sahukhan, Acting National Advisor Communicable Disease, Centre for Communicable Disease Control, Fiji Ministry of Health and Medical Services, Tuesday 23 October 7PM at Cafe 30 (Soulé)
- RC Suva’s Community Mosquito Release 20 October 10 AM 5 Ma’afu Street
- Rotaract Suva Halloween Barrel Night 2 October Onyx Platinum
- Upcoming Events
World Polio Day Observance
3 Actions. 3 Minutes.
A world of difference.
Learn – Get informed and help make polio a subject of conversation in your community.
Share – Most people have heard of polio but few know that the disease still affects children around the world. You can help by spreading the word.
Donate – Every donation helps us obtain the vaccines, transport and materials needed in the fight against polio.
Please join us Tuesday night for Dr. Sahukhan’s update on Polio vaccinations and monitoring in Fiji.
[ RSVP Yes, I will attend ]
[ Apologies RSVP ]
Community Mosquito Release Saturday 20th October at 10AM, 5 Ma’afu Street, IUCN Regional Office
Wolbachia-carrying mosquito egg capsules will be distributed. Wolbachia is a safe and natural bacteria that reduces the ability of mosquitoes to transmit dengue, chikungunya, and Zika between people. The Wolbachia-carrying mosquitoes will breed with wild mosquitoes in the area, helping to establish Wolbachia in the local mosquito population.
Rotaract Club of Suva Fundraiser
The Rotaract Club of Suva is holding their Annual Halloween Barrel Night Fundraiser at Onyx Platinum on the 2nd of November, 2018. This is their major fundraising activity for each term. Monies raised will go towards their Charity Chest, and used for their community service projects this year which includes refurbishments at St Giles Hospital (ongoing project) and many other community based projects.
Please share this information with your contacts, colleagues and friends. The more the merrier.
There will be prizes for Best Costume and different activities arranged on the night.
If you are willing to sell or purchase tickets, please contact Rotaract Suva at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Andrew Paris (8335274) or John Miller (9379718).
- 20 October Community Mosquito Release 10 AM 5 Ma’afu Street
- 23 October Info Table at Peace Corps Resource Fair 9AM – 12PM
- 23 October World Polio Day Observance 7PM Cafe 30 (Soulé)
- 30 October Rotary Club of Suva East evening meeting theme: Community and Economic Development
- 2 November Rotaract Suva Halloween Fundraiser